[rabbitmq-discuss] RequestedHeartbeat

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed May 14 12:01:34 BST 2008

Hi Geoffrey,

Geoffrey Anderson wrote:
> If I follow along the apparent trend, the way to prevent the exception in this
> application is this line of code:
> mqFactory.Parameters.RequestedHeartbeat = 5000000000000;

Try zero :-)  (which means "heartbeating switched off" - see my previous
message.)

> And what are the constraints:  Is a ticket supposed to span connections?  Is a
> ticket supposed to span models (ie., mqConnection.CreateModel())?  etc, etc.

A ticket is scoped to a model. As soon as the model (or of course its
underlying connection) disappears, the ticket is no longer valid.

Tickets will be phased out of AMQP in future releases of the specification.

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net