[rabbitmq-discuss] no connection established

Geoffrey Anderson mrcoder at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 19:06:39 BST 2008

Hello David,

The DeclareQueue sample dotnet program exhibits the connection problem too. All
programs do.  Below is the output.  Endpoint problems are indicated as always.  The
RabbitMQ server is already running in a different console window.

If hostname resolution issues exist, I should think I would be able to detect the
problem with other programs and systems.  I have not seen problems in other programs
yet.   'Yet' is the operative word because something is definitely not working, for
sure.  Whether it is limited to RabbitMQ or not is unclear but the only program not
working on this host is RabbitMQ to the limit of my current knowledge so therefore I
will continue to focus on RabbitMQ. I used to use Apache ActiveMQ and Iona's brand
of the same but it had shutdown errors which made too much of a mess with the
message transactions to bear so I abandoned them.  Socket connections worked though.
I pushed stuff into those queues OK.

C:\rabbitmq\rabbitmq-dotnet-1.2.8025.1832-net-2.0\bin>declarequeue localhost
testqueue
None of the specified endpoints were reachable
Endpoints attempted:
  endpoint=amqp-0-9://localhost:5672, attempts=1, outcome=AMQP server protocol
negotiation failure: server version 0-8,
transport parameters -1:-1
Stack trace:
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32 maxRedirects,
AmqpTcpEndpoint[] endpoints)