[rabbitmq-discuss] odd consumer behaviour

David.Corcoran at edftrading.com David.Corcoran at edftrading.com
Fri May 2 16:55:56 BST 2008

Hi Matthias,

basic.get works great. The jobs with nested dependencies run with no
problems.

The only problem is that Channel basicGet is a non-blocking operation so to
get my test running I'm polling and sleeping for a short amount of time if
I get null. Is there a blocking, non-prefetching, version of basicGet?

Thanks,

Dave

             Matthias
             Radestock
             <matthias at lshift.                                          To
             net>                      David.Corcoran at edftrading.com
             rabbitmq-discuss-         rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
             bounces at lists.rab                                     Subject
             bitmq.com                 Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] odd consumer
                                       behaviour

             02/05/2008 12:19

David,

David.Corcoran at edftrading.com wrote:
> I think I've hit a problem with prefetching and RabbitMQ. Do you think
this
> might be the case?

As I said in my previous email: "the RpcServer [...] will actually
consume messages from the underlying AMQP queue as fast as it can
without waiting for them to be processed."

So in effect the RpcServer is doing prefetching.

The easiest way to change that is to switch the way the RpcServer gets
the messages from a push to a pull model, i.e. using AMQP's basic.get
rather than basic.consume.

Matthias.

This communication contains confidential information, some or all of which may be privileged. It is for the intended recipient only and others must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this communication. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this communication, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete the e-mail. E-mail sent to EDF Trading may be monitored by the company. Thank you.
EDF Trading Limited
80 Victoria Street, 3rd Floor, Cardinal Place, London, SW1E 5JL
A Company registered in England No. 4255974.
Switchboard: 020 7061 4000
EDF Trading Markets Limited is a member of the EDF Trading Limited Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
VAT number: GB 735 5479 07