[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ running at 100% CPU.

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Mar 13 15:11:32 GMT 2008

Michael,

Michael Arnoldus wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestion. There is no strace on Mac OS X, but I did
> find a way to see what the C-program was doing (see below).

I gather there's ktrace and/or dtrace.

> Most of the
> threads are just waiting (as expected) but a single one seems always to
> be in some kind of tcp_send_error.

That is interesting. Tony has seen similar symptoms on his MacBook here,
but so far we have failed to reproduce the problem anywhere else.

Please let us know as much about your system as possible. Exact OS
version, Erlang/OTP version, RabbitMQ version, number and exact type of
processors, memory configuration, and anything else you can think of
that might be relevant.

Matthias.