[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang-client problem on OS X (empty_rpc_bottom_half)

Matt Stancliff sysop at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 11 08:41:46 GMT 2008

Ben,

On Dec 11, 2008, at 12:35 AM, Ben Hood wrote:
>> With the same revision (ba92db335a3e) running on two systems I'm
>> seeing
>> different behavior during start_channel.
>>
>> With broker ba92db335a3e and erlang client a055acaa2a13 I see the
>> following:
>> - Linux: channel.open_ok -> done.
>> - OS X:  channel.open_ok -> {channel.flow, false} -> done.
>
> Are you running the clients against the same broker instance, or are
> you running a broker instance on each OS?

   A {broker,client} pair runs on one machine and the nodes are not
aware of one another.
   Everything is running in R12B-5.

On each server I've been doing:
   - NODE_ONLY rabbitmq-server to start an erlang shell (with -pz to
the erlang client ebin)
   - load the dbg tracing specs
   - rabbit:start()
   - lib_amqp:start_channel(lib_amqp:start_connection())
     - the same results happen with a network connection

-Matt
--
Matt Stancliff                    San Jose, CA
AIM: seijimr              iPhone: 678-591-9337