[rabbitmq-discuss] anyone using Twisted?

Drew Smathers drew.smathers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 18:57:08 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the most important point about Twisted is that is has become
> _the way_ in Python for handling asynchronous networking.  From this
> standpoint, I would consider a Twisted+AMQP library to be to most
> natural approach for having Python bindings to AMQP.
>
> I have used the Qpid Python bindings and while they work OK, I found
> them lacking in how asynchronous things are handled.
>
> I am more than willing to discuss this more if people want.

Some interesting implications are that by using Twisted, some pretty
useful adapters could be build between clients speaking protocols
specific to Twisted or implemented in Twisted (AMP and experimental
Protocol Buffers impl come to mind).  I need to put
evaluating/exercising txamqp on my TODO list as well.  Having a robust
twisted AMQP implementation would benefit both projects.

--