[rabbitmq-discuss] anyone using Twisted?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 18:14:43 BST 2008

> Hi
>
> One of the OpenAMQ team kindly alerted me to this: https://launchpad.net/txamqp
>
> "Python library for communicating with AMQP peers and brokers using
> Twisted.  This project contains all the necessary code to connect,
> send and receive messages to/from an AMQP-compliant peer or broker
> (Qpid, OpenAMQ, RabbitMQ) using Twisted."
>
> Is anyone using this, or using Twisted?

I have used Twisted extensively (an asynchronous networking library
for Python), and saw the announcement for txamqp, but I have not
looked at it.  But, I do think that having a really good Twisted+AMQP
library would make AMQP much more usable from python.

> Let us know - I'd be delighted to understand the use cases better.

I think the most important point about Twisted is that is has become
_the way_ in Python for handling asynchronous networking.  From this
standpoint, I would consider a Twisted+AMQP library to be to most
natural approach for having Python bindings to AMQP.

I have used the Qpid Python bindings and while they work OK, I found
them lacking in how asynchronous things are handled.

I am more than willing to discuss this more if people want.

Brian