[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ / Spring integration

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:06:53 BST 2008

Hi Carlos,

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:05 AM,  <carlos.quiroz-castro at nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can see two ways of implementing this. One is to use the existing AMQP
> component which uses qpid in turn. I haven't used it and I don't know
> its maturity. The other one is to implement directly using the RabbitMQ
> library

I think it would be most useful for users if the semantics of the AMQP
model were exposed via a Spring template, rather than just confining
users to the semantics of JMS. This could make functionality available
such configuring message routing that isn't available via JMS, for
example.

An alternative route would be to say I want to keep the JMS template
semantics and then back the interface with the RabbitMQ java lib. Your
use case may be to provide migration without having to change client
code. Some concepts might be mappable between JMS and AMQP, e.g.
Connection(Factories), Sessions (Channels?) and Destinations (Queues),
but if you would have to bear in mind that this would probably not
pass a TCK, especially wrt transactions.

As for Camel, although I'm not an expert, isn't part of the value-add
of Camel be able to abstract away different message passing paradigms
and so therefore AMQP would be just another transport?

Ben