[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple consumers

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jul 9 17:40:25 BST 2007

Ben,

"Ben Hood" <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> writes:

>> You could use a real queue instead of a pseudo queue, and, yes, then you
>> can use rabbit_amqqueue:basic_consume to consume messages. That requires
>> that your code implements the rabbit_writer message interface instead.
>
> When you say that the consumer should implement the rabbit_writer
> message interface

What I meant is that your process must handle the same messages,
i.e. {send_command, ...}, {deliver, ...}, {pause, ...} etc.

>> One thing to be aware of is that this area of the code will be revised
>> quite heavily when we implement AMQP 0-10.
>
> Then I guess you are saying that unless you have a good idea about how
> to abstract this away, then wait until 0-10 is implemented?

No. The code base is fairly small, so it won't bee too much of a burden
to carry forward any changes in this area. I just wanted to alert you to
the fact that the APIs will definitely change.

Matthias.