[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple consumers

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:16:11 BST 2007

> You could use a real queue instead of a pseudo queue, and, yes, then you
> can use rabbit_amqqueue:basic_consume to consume messages. That requires
> that your code implements the rabbit_writer message interface instead.

When you say that the consumer should implement the rabbit_writer
message interface, am I correct in assuming that the
internal_send_command methods can be ignored, because these these are
channel specific?

-export([start/4, shutdown/1, mainloop/1]).
-export([send_command/2, send_command/3, deliver/6, deliver/7,
pause/1, unpause/2]).
-export([internal_send_command/3, internal_send_command/5]).

That is, the internal_send_command methods handle framing and socket
I/O and would not be invoked by a native client.

> One thing to be aware of is that this area of the code will be revised
> quite heavily when we implement AMQP 0-10.

Then I guess you are saying that unless you have a good idea about how
to abstract this away, then wait until 0-10 is implemented?