[rabbitmq-discuss] Python Client for RabbitMQ/AMQP?

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Tue Aug 14 09:20:56 BST 2007

Hi Max, all,

We like to use the Qpid clients for unit testing and feel strongly
that AMQP needs a standard set of unit tests and a behaviourally
complete TCK.  As Rob points out, the Python libs could be a key part
of a unit test suite in the future, but the Working Group will not
look at this issue until after AMQP 0-10 is out (soon).

In the RabbitMQ team, we also distribute some specially written
clients to work with.  Our intent is that unless these are marked
'experimental' these are released to the same quality standard as the
RabbitMQ broker.  Currently our Java client is not optimised for
performance, for example.  Also, we have released experimental code
for AMQP over HTTP.  More clients are coming and please let us know
what you want to work on, or see, via this list.  Thanks are due to
Ben Hood for his recent Erlang work.

BUT - modulo the spec version, any client should interoperate with any broker.

Max - I have looked at your blog.  Please tell us more about what you
want to achieve since then we can help you.

alexis