[rabbitmq-discuss] Python Client for RabbitMQ/AMQP?

Robert Godfrey rob.j.godfrey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:07:50 BST 2007

On 14/08/07, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Max,
>
> > I'm more concerned about Python. I'm aware of QPid's Python code but
> > obviously this code is meant to break thinks and not to be simple  and
> > reliable.
>
> In what way is QPid's python lib meant to break things?

Speaking for Qpid here :-) it's certainly not meant to break things -
although we do use the library to write our cross-platform system test
cases.  I can't really speak to simplicity - the API is certainly closer to
the AMQP spec than a high level JMS style API...  If anyone has suggestions
for improvement then we would certainly welcome them over on the Qpid
mailing list.

The AMQP v0-8 Python client should work with any compliant AMQP v0-8 broker
(e.g. RabbitMQ or Qpid) similarly you should be able to choose between any
0-8 complaint Java client library (this rather being the point of AMQP).

-- Rob Godfrey

Ben