[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem Extending DefaultBasicConsumer Class

Michael Klishin mklishin at pivotal.io
Tue Sep 16 15:53:19 BST 2014

Rom,

This list has been deprecated in late July. We've announced that it will be
discontinued on Oct 1st in August. We are 2 weeks away from that, time to
start posting new questions to the new list, rabbitmq-users:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rabbitmq-users

On 16 September 2014 at 18:49:42, Rom Cabral (rom.t.cabral at gmail.com) wrote:
> First is that, acknowledgement is not working, message is moved
> back from unacknowledge to ready upon closing the channel.

This is by design. Closing channel or connection or when connection goes
away all result in unacknowledged messages being re-queued. Acknowledgements
would not make much sense otherwise.

 Second
> is that I'm encountering "AlreadyClosedException" when trying
> to close the connection. I'm wonder why this is happening even
> if I have checking to close only open connection

Something tries to use a channel after it is closed. Please see your stack trace
to figure out what it may be.
--
MK