[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c - "SSL peer cert verification failed"

Dan Berger dberger at fiveringscapital.com
Wed May 28 15:40:38 BST 2014

I'm just starting development on a c++ client app to connect to a vendor's server.

I'm trying the SimpleAmqpClient library which is built on top of rabbitmq-c.

The provided a self-signed client certificate in .p12 format that I've converted to .pem. This contains a public and private key and also a CA public key.

I'm now trying to connect while providing the .pem file as the CA cert, client cert and client private key.

While connecting, I get:
'AmqpClient::AmqpLibraryException'
  what():  Error setting client certificate for socket: SSL peer cert verification failed

Digging into rabbitmq-c, I see this is due to the call to amqp_ssl_socket_set_key failing.

Running openssl s_client seems to work fine, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

-Dan