[rabbitmq-discuss] Direct vs Topic Exchange (1:1 and 1:M Chat)

Sunny Dyal sunny.dyal at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:19:55 BST 2014

@Sessions: Same user logged in multiple places (laptop, mobile, etc)

@Problem Use case:

There are two users A and B and two nodes N1 and N2. There are two chat
apps 1) chat1 connected with N1 2) chat2 connected with N2

User A login in chat1, User B login in chat1 and user A login in chat2 again

If I use amq.topic and start communication I can see messages on all the
places but the same scenario does not work with amq.direct.

@Question: can we use direct exchange for this scenario?