[rabbitmq-discuss] Error with SSL

Jeffrey Becker jeffrey.a.becker at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:16:42 BST 2014

I'm attempting to configure RabbitMQ with SSL using client certificates for
authentication on a windows server 2012 x64 box.  The Erlang version
installed is OTP 17.0 for Windows x64,
Configuration is as such:
 {rabbit,  [
    {ssl_listeners, [5671]},
    {auth_mechanisms, ['EXTERNAL']},
    {auth_backends, [rabbit_auth_backend_ldap,
rabbit_auth_backend_internal]},
    {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"D:\\RabbitMQ\\certs\\cacert.pem"},
                  {certfile,"D:\\RabbitMQ\certs\\rabbit.pem"},
                  {keyfile,"D:\\RabbitMQ\\certs\\rabbit.key"},
                  {verify,verify_peer},
  {ssl_cert_login_from, common_name},
                  {fail_if_no_peer_cert,true}]}

  ]},

Whenever I connect, the client throws an error and the log file gets an
entry like: