[rabbitmq-discuss] Priority queue doesn't seem to work

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 20 10:06:37 BST 2014

On 20/05/14 10:01, kevin lettier wrote:
> I use the Java example so the queue was created once with
> 'x-max-priority' arg set to 10
> I deleted the queue and re-launch the code but unfortunately it does not
> work :(

You didn't respond to my question/suggestion, namely that perhaps a
consumer exists when the messages are published, in which case the
published messages are passed straight to that consumer, with no
opportunity for the priority queue to re-order the messages since no
messages actually ever get enqueued.

Matthias.