[rabbitmq-discuss] auto-delete queue/exchanges and cluster synchronization

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue May 13 14:44:45 BST 2014

On 13 May 2014 at 17:28:06, mouad ben (mouadino at gmail.com) wrote:
> > But i think that this also a problem in RabbitMQ side, basically
> i believe a more sane behavior will be for RabbitMQ to ignore **old**
> delete if a newest exchange's declare was sent, instead of threading
> this later as a no op.
>
> Does my analyze above make sense !?

I personally think that systems that cannot tolerate the current behaviour
should not use auto-delete exchanges.

Is this realistic for OpenStack? Is it only auto-delete exchanges that
cause you practical issues or auto-delete queues, too? If the latter,
have you considered exclusive queues (note that they cannot be mirrored).
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ