[rabbitmq-discuss] LDAP SSL Configuration

Mark Soderquist SoderquistMV at ldschurch.org
Tue May 13 14:20:16 BST 2014

Still just getting: LDAP connect error: {error,"connect failed"}
Changing to {log, network} did not give me any more information.
I'm now going to assume that our LDAP server does not accept clients without certificates.

On 12/05/2014 21:59, Mark Soderquist wrote:
> I'm attempting to connect to our LDAP server over SSL instead of plain
> sockets. The plain socket configuration works but simply enabling the
> use_ssl flag and changing the port does not appear to be enough. What
> else is required to connect to an LDAP server using SSL?

I believe that simple configuration should be able to work assuming your LDAP server accepts clients without certificates.

> Here is my configuration:

>        {log,                   true}

> The log simply reports a connection failure:
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 12-May-2014::14:28:41 ===
>
>      LDAP connect error: {error,"connect failed"}

If you change {log, true} to {log, network} then you should get better diagnostics on failed connections.

Cheers, Simon