[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster problem after network bouncing

Leonardo N. S. Pereira lndspereira-rabbit at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 20:18:16 BST 2014

Hi all.
I have a three nodes in a cluster deployed on different AWS AZs: A, B and C.
The queues are fully mirrored among nodes, the queues are persistent and cluster partition handler is configured to pause-minority. The RabbitMq version I'm using is 3.3.1
The queues policies are set as:  {"ha-mode":"all","ha-sync-mode":"automatic"} .

I'm bouncing the network connection between two nodes, for instance C and B, in the way that:
- A: can reach C and B
- C: can reach A
- B can reach A
In this case, the cluster get stuck and only recovers when all nodes are restarted.
Is it an expected behavior?

And if I kill one node, instead of only bounce the connection as before, the cluster is still working.
What I think is expected

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Best Regards,
Leo

Leonardo Nogueira de Sá Pereira
Tel.: +55 19 3307-5589