[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem: NOT_FOUND - no binding between exchange 'xxxxx' in vhost

Scott Durgin sdurgin at presencenetworks.com
Thu May 8 18:57:50 BST 2014

Using RabbitMQ 3.0.0

No cluster

Access via Spring Framework, RabbitMQ abstraction layer

Running on Amazon EC2

We’re using RabbitMQ for an event-driven “RFID Data in the cloud” solution, and at the core we use RabbitMQ as our messaging layer. It’s been pretty much set-and-forget (which is probably the biggest compliment I can give to the developer community -- so thanks to you and all the contributors for your efforts!).

We are running into an issue with our implementation with the following error:

NOT_FOUND - no binding between exchange 'TripEvent.COMPLETED' in vhost '/' and queue 'fpms' in vhost '/'

We are dynamically creating bindings between exchanges and queues as part of an internal subscription event management function in our solution.  All of a sudden messages stop being delivered. When we go into the console, it shows all the bindings but when you go to unbind, we get the above error message.

I wanted to see anybody might be able to point us in a certain direction to understand the core problem we have – configuration issue, calling something incorrectly, known issue with RabbitMQ, or something.

Rabbitmq is so core to our solution, that not knowing why this is happening makes me very uncomfortable. We are about 4-5 weeks away from a production pilot, so of course this issue came about! 

Appreciate any insight, assistance or direction anybody can provide!

Thanks

/Scott