[rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling RabbitMQ in "the cloud"

Ryan Brown ryankbrown at gmail.com
Tue May 6 18:31:21 BST 2014

I hate using that term because it is so over/misused. However, I am in the
process of re-structuring my application to be deployed to ec2. My
application wraps RabbitMQ with a friendly REST interface that does some
additional routing and management for us. Right now, we have RabbitMQ in a
four node active/active/active/active cluster behind F5 in our data center.
What we need to do is push this out and have an instance of our application
and a RabbitMQ cluster in each region of ec2 (if not each az). Ideally we
would like to have the queues federated in such a manner that if a
publisher of a given exists in New York City, that a subscriber in Sydney
will get their message delivered from their nearest az. (This may be naive
by me and par of what I am trying to determine.)

What I would like to know is if anybody has experience doing this. Has any
lessons-learned to share. Gotcha's? Maybe has something documented or knows
of some documentation that exists that I am not finding.

Best.

Ryan