[rabbitmq-discuss] Syslog

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 2 08:52:50 BST 2014

On 01/05/2014 18:33, John Meier wrote:
> There was a thread on the discuss list about a year ago about ways to
> direct rabbitmq broker logs to syslog, with the conclusion at the time
> that there was no way within rabbitmq itself to configure that behavior.
>   Have there been any changes or plugins released since then that might
> allow the logging destination to be configured to syslog within the broker?

You might be able to use Basho's lager logging framework:

https://github.com/basho/lager

which is available as a plugin for RabbitMQ:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/community-plugins.html#logging

but you'd need to add lager_syslog:

https://github.com/basho/lager_syslog

which is not available pre-compiled for RabbitMQ.

I don't know if anyone has actually done this, but it stands a
reasonable chance of working.

Cheers, Simon