[rabbitmq-discuss] Spring amqp - auto acknowledge from consumer taking almost a minute

Gary Russell grussell at gopivotal.com
Fri Mar 28 03:53:28 GMT 2014

Yes; that assumption is wrong; in Spring-AMQP, ack mode AUTO means the
container will automatically ack the message on completion. NONE is the
equivalent of rabbit auto-ack.

Be aware that this can cause OOM issues with spring-AMQP versions prior to
1.3.0, if the consumers can't keep up with the workload because the broker
will keep pumping messages to the client.

Gary