[rabbitmq-discuss] Possibilities of RabbitMq pluggin

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 27 11:27:24 GMT 2014

On 27/03/14 11:19, Michael Klishin wrote:
> This currently requires a plugin. If messages were dead-lettered
> when a queue is deleted (e.g. because it was auto-deleted and the last consumer
> disconnects), it would also be possible without a plugin, but that’s not the case.

One reason why we haven't done this yet is that it's actually quite hard
to do it properly (it could take a long time; what happens if the server
restarts while it's happening, what about HA failover, and so on).

It's on the radar for a future release, FWIW.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal