[rabbitmq-discuss] How to deal with rest queues

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Mar 26 14:43:39 GMT 2014

On 26 March 2014 at 18:41:16, Ravi Pandey (ravindrapandey1982 at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I have a problem to deal with queues - If Q1 is processing and it
> is taking time then how can i process another queue in between?

Consumers perform processing, not queues. A queue can be shared by multiple
consumers, residing on the same or separate machines, so often if you have
a long queue you can scale the number of consumers to speed up overall throughput.

Take a look at protocol concepts if something isn’t clear:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html

Apologies if I misunderstood your question.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ