[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ windows service says it's started when it isn't ready

Mat Burton matburton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:03:19 GMT 2014

I'm using RabbitMQ 3.2.1, Erlang R16B02

The issue described in the subject causes problems for other services which
depend on RabbitMQ

For instance if I have windows service X which has a dependency configured
for the RabbitMQ windows service then when I start X the RabbitMQ service
will be started first

However the RabbitMQ service reports that it's started before it's ready to
accept connections

Hence when service X tries to start it finds it cannot connect to RabbitMQ

This is mostly a problem when the machine is restarted as the services
which depend on RabbitMQ may fail to start

Is this a bug in RabbitMQ's windows service? Is there any way to allow
dependencies to work?

Any other suggestion also welcome, although I really want to avoid the
equivalent of sleeps

Thanks,
Mat B