[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ heartbeat configuration

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 21 10:03:58 GMT 2014

The heartbeat configuration isn't stored in rabbitmq-env.conf, it is stored in the other configuration file, which on windows is located in %APPDATA%\RabbitMQ. That configuration controls the heartbeat interval that the server will "suggest" to the client on establishing a connection. The client can decide to ignore this, enabling heartbeats using whatever interval it likes or disabling them completely. The client API for managing heartbeats will depend on the client library and language being used.

Cheers,
Tim