[rabbitmq-discuss] ulimit and cgroup

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 08:30:55 GMT 2014

> And
> producer and consumer are unaware of chosen broker  and  clustering of
> brokers ?. I am just curious here. Because ultimately these
> connections are over tcp, and are  initiated from client to server.
> Atleast ; there should be an communication  from server to client
> saying that :-" hey i am down , please send it to other node" . Is
> part is already implemented  by rabbitmq clients ?

It's a good idea to not mix two completely unrelated questions in the same
thread.

Java client in 3.3 will have automatic recovery + it can use a list of
addresses.

Ruby clients and Langohr [1] have automatic recovery but do support
connection
to a list of nodes. Most of other clients do no support automatic
connection recovery.

Finally, none of the clients internally buffer messages (in RAM or on disk)
for redelivery in case
connection goes down. Projects that build on top of clients may do this
(e.g. Hutch, federation
plugin).
--
MK