[rabbitmq-discuss] No response from RabbitMQ using queue_declare after 65511 responses

Sharath sharathciddu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 18:14:17 GMT 2014

Hi,

I am using the following code to test how fast queue_declare works.
After a while there are no responses back from the rabbitmq server
(Precisely 65511). The rabbitmq server is working fine.
What would the reason be behind this. I am attaching the code I am using to
test it. Replace the server name appropriately.

I am sending around 1 request per millisecond.

var amqp = require('amqp');

var connection = amqp.createConnection({
host: 'xxxxxxxxx',
port: 5672,
login: 'guest',
password: 'xxxxxx',
vhost: '/'
});

// Wait for connection to become established.
connection.on('ready', function() {
console.log("Connection ready");
setInterval(checkSize, 1);
});

connection.on('error', function() {
console.log("Connection error");
});

var count = 0;
var callsMade = 0;
var callsResponseReceived = 0;

function checkSize() {
var time = (new Date()).getTime();
count++;
callsMade++;
console.log("Calls made",callsMade);
connection.queue('hippocrates', {
passive: true
}, function(a, b, c) {
callsResponseReceived++;
console.log("Calls response obtained",callsResponseReceived);
console.log("Times", (Utilities.getCurrentTime() - time), b, c, count);
});
}