[rabbitmq-discuss] Unexaplainable behaviour with shovel plugin.

Laing, Michael michael.laing at nytimes.com
Wed Mar 5 17:18:27 GMT 2014

Basically, we delay the ack by adding a timeout/callback to the event loop
after processing a message from the 'silver' queue. The delay reflects the
desired rate. Crude but it works. We use pika w the libev adapter I wrote.

BTW re node restart: we do restart our Cassandra nodes if they fail. They
discover and automatically sync up w the other Cassandra nodes. This has
happened in production. We also do rolling restarts of the production
Cassandra cluster to upgrade to new versions.