[rabbitmq-discuss] Unexaplainable behaviour with shovel plugin.

Laing, Michael michael.laing at nytimes.com
Tue Mar 4 19:38:24 GMT 2014

Actually shovels can be configured to push or pull - we use them both ways.

Our proxies are passive (no shovels) with well-known addresses - we use
shovels to push and pull to them from both sides.

Our retail layer autoscales but the wholesale layer has known addresses -
we run shovels in the retail instances, some pushing and some pulling.

Soon we will be using serf gossiping for topology/address/role discovery in
nyt⨍aбrik, and the need for known addresses will diminish greatly.

ml