[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ ** WARNING ** Mnesia is overloaded

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jun 25 10:56:58 BST 2014

On 25 June 2014 at 13:52:26, ran mizrachi (ranmizrachi at gmail.com) wrote:
> > RabbieMQ Cluster is not accepting new connections!
> number of sockets connected are low, the only message in Rabbitmq
> log is : "** WARNING ** Mnesia is overloaded:"
>
> what does it means ? how can I solve it ?

I think the warning is a red herring. The real issue is that RabbitMQ is running
out of file descriptors (in which case it won't accept connections by design), presumably
because you have many connections to the node.

To verify, visit the Overview page in RabbitMQ management UI. How to increase the
number of available file descriptors:
see "Changing the limit" and subsequent sections on [1].

1. http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/tuning/open-files-limit/
--
MK