[rabbitmq-discuss] How close all open connections/channels

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jun 25 04:35:22 BST 2014

On 24 June 2014 at 22:53:18, cw storm (cwstorm at gmail.com) wrote:
> > Today, I have open connections/channels for consumers link
> to the queues. I'm manually closing the connections/channels
> via the RabbitMQ console. I would like to make this easier for
> our support folks so they don't have to do this for each of the queues.
> Just checking the community if anyone has coded this on the client
> side to close the connections/channels for each of the queue
> consumers.

You can both list connections via HTTP API and close them. This is what
some client test suites do to test connection recovery:

https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny/blob/master/spec/higher_level_api/integration/connection_recovery_spec.rb#L9-13
https://github.com/michaelklishin/langohr/blob/master/test/langohr/test/recovery_test.clj#L39-41

See HTTP API docs for more info.
--