[rabbitmq-discuss] Alternative for gcm using Rabbitmq

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Jun 24 08:36:46 BST 2014

 On 24 June 2014 at 11:30:15, Amin Bahiraei (mr.bahiraee at gmail.com) wrote:
> > recently i was knowing sweaty rabbitmq and it's great features
> ,now i want implementing a private push notification server
> for my company and after googling i fount that rabbitmq support
> mqtt and it's suitable for push . am i right?!is it best solution
> and any alternative ?!

MQTT is suitable for low-power devices. Some [1] use it as an alternative to
Google Cloud Messaging (which uses HTTP or XMPP), and RabbitMQ indeed
has MQTT support [2].

1. http://ollieparsley.com/2013/05/20/using-mqtt-as-a-gcm-replacement-for-android-push-notifications/
2. http://www.rabbitmq.com/mqtt.html
--