[rabbitmq-discuss] os x brew install of rabbitmq fails silently

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 23 13:03:19 BST 2014

On 23/06/2014 12:29PM, Laing, Michael wrote:
> Workaround: remove -e from the 1st line of the rabbitmq-server script.

Note that this should only be necessary if you have inet_dist_listen_min
/ inet_dist_listen_max defined in your rabbitmq.config - there's a known
bug in that case. And even so it should not break anything other than
rabbitmq-server; the OP said all commands fail.

We will of course be fixing this bug in 3.3.4 but we want to keep "-e"
for obvious reasons - if things are failing in the startup scripts we
should not just soldier blindly on.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen