[rabbitmq-discuss] web-stomp SSL config causing SASL crash?

Kirk Stork kirk at stork.name
Wed Jun 18 08:09:10 BST 2014

Just did a fresh build of an Ubuntu 14 LTS AMI, 64bit

Followed the instructions for installing rabbit here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/ec2.html

I went as far as running the shell script provided.  I did not install erlang or
anything else, just ran the script there.

Basics seemed to be working, including web interface.

I then configured the certs and the web-stomp ssl config.

Same result:

=CRASH REPORT==== 18-Jun-2014::06:58:54 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: supervisor:cowboy_acceptors_sup/1
    pid: <0.346.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {{case_clause,{error,{not_started,asn1}}},
                     [{cowboy_ssl_transport,require,1,[]},
                      {cowboy_ssl_transport,listen,1,[]},
                      {cowboy_acceptors_sup,init,1,[]},
                      {supervisor,init,1,[{file,"supervisor.erl"},{line,239}]},
                      {gen_server,init_it,6,
                                  [{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,304}]},
                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,
                                [{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,239}]}]}
      in function  gen_server:init_it/6 (gen_server.erl, line 328)
    ancestors: [<0.343.0>,cowboy_sup,<0.57.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.343.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 610
    stack_size: 27
    reductions: 169
  neighbours:

So if it is a dependency problem as you suggest, then I guess the script isn't doing
everything -- where are are the additional steps documented (I've been
reading everything and anything I can find on this topic)?

Running the erl command line gives this for Erlang version info

Erlang R16B03 (erts-5.10.4)