[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about Scheduled Message Delivery

Daniel W. Burke dburke at addictmud.org
Wed Jun 18 00:41:04 BST 2014

We got around this by implementing a temporary queue that set its
x-dead-letter-routing-key to the queue we want it delivered to, and then
use a combination of x-expires and message-ttl to have the message
delivered to the "real" queue at the desired time, and then the queue
deletes itself effectively cleaning things up all nice and neat.

The downside is that you are really using one queue per message that is
delayed, it doesn't seem to be a problem for us, but YMMV.

We used perl, but here is where we got the idea...

http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2012/04/rabbitmq-scheduled-message-delivery.html

Dan.