[rabbitmq-discuss] Sample use cases of rabbitmq?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Jun 17 06:43:25 BST 2014

On 17 June 2014 at 09:31:52, Ankit (ankitsoni9 at gmail.com) wrote:
> > Could someone walk through or link to sample applications and
> use cases of rabbitmq? I want to build an app using rabbitMQ to
> get a better handle on how to use it but I dont see where something
> like this might be useful and I found very few case studies/examples
> through google.

Start with tutorials, they demonstrate fairly realistic scenarios:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/getstarted.html

RabbitMQ is used to connection applications (services, microservices), see
e.g. http://developers.soundcloud.com/blog/building-products-at-soundcloud-part-1-dealing-with-the-monolith

Often this means background/asynchronous processing of tasks (projects like Celery, EasyNetQ, etc),
but by no means limited to that.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ