[rabbitmq-discuss] Pressured to move to AMQP 1.0

DallasEng mswatson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 23:13:13 BST 2014

Having finally demonstrated to my company that RabbitMQ and AMQP allow us
to build kickass distributed solutions, I am now getting strong pressure to
move off RabbitMQ to "something more modern that supports AMQP 1.0".  I
understand that 0.9.1 and 1.0 are completely different beasts, and that
there's a 1.0 protocol plugin for RabbitMQ, but that plugin has limitations
and things in 1.0 that it does not support.  The Powers That Be at the
company look at IBM and Microsoft having AMQP 1.0 support and saying that's
clearly where we need to be if we want to (a) not be left behind, and (b)
advertise that we're using "the industry standard".

Since there's no indication that RabbitMQ will ever support a
fully-compliant 1.0 mode, do any of you have suggestions for how I can
demonstrate that staying on RabbitMQ for new development is a good idea?

Thanks!