[rabbitmq-discuss] Create an encrypted SSL connection without having to verify certificate

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Jul 31 07:45:57 BST 2014

On 31 July 2014 at 10:40:14, Michael Klishin (mklishin at pivotal.io) wrote:
> > Test config:
> https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/574fac0a6bf8edbf74e7
>
> Connection info (no certificate, using Bunny as a client):
> https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/a8b1c9437db4f4faebf2
>
> Connection info (no certificate, using March Hare, which uses
> Java client under the hood):
> https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/f33cf7bf731b531ef842
>
> Connection info (no certificate, using Langohr, which uses
> Java client under the hood):
> https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/d2c945087d4277880a6c
>
> openssl s_client:
> https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/2b6d2724f0812de67224
>
> 4 different clients (2 base on the Java one), all successfully
> connect without
> client certificates. Only one of them (s_client) performs peer
> verification.

plus the Java client directly (from a Clojure REPL):
https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/83b0fe6f904a1fa2ab82

using the following (very minimalistic) code:
https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/4146cec261f0fd30cc07

RabbitMQ log when I create connections with the code above:
https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/1a9fdf990f4f6de44901
--
MK