[rabbitmq-discuss] channel-cache-size

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Jul 17 15:34:39 BST 2014

On 17 July 2014 at 17:36:35, PATAR, SAGAR (sp345s at att.com) wrote:

> We are trying to understand how the below properties work ..
>

> 1) The requestedChannelMax in com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory
> ….. Does this only set the upper limit on how many we can create
> .. Meaning this will NOT influence the no. of channels created
> during initialization and will restrict NOT to create more than
> this number

Correct. channel_max is a setting negotiated between client and server to determine
how many channels are allowed per connection. There is a respective RabbitMQ config
option in the recent versions.

You rarely need to modify it. Some clients even force a limit of 65,536 channels.
I've never seen a legitimate reason to use more channels than that.
--
MK