[rabbitmq-discuss] channel-cache-size

PATAR, SAGAR sp345s at att.com
Thu Jul 17 14:34:52 BST 2014

We are using spring rabbit mq to configure the connection , connection factory , listener etc ..

We are trying to understand how the below properties work ..

1)      The requestedChannelMax in com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory ..... Does this only set the upper limit on how many we can create  .. Meaning this will  NOT influence the no. of channels created during initialization and will restrict NOT to create more than this number

2)       The channel-cache-size in the below bean initialization
<rabbit:connection-factory id="connectionFactory" connection-factory="cf" channel-cache-size="${session.size}"/>

Do we use this property used to create the channels upfront ?? ..

Does every channel opens a new socket to the server ... How is opening a channel different from connection ...

What is the advantage of opening a channel vs connection by using connection mode?

Please help us to understand the above.. appreciate all the help

-Sagar