[rabbitmq-discuss] "reconnect-delay" seems to be ignored for Federation Upstreams

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 14 13:44:37 BST 2014

On 14/07/2014 12:10AM, Roman Gaufman wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have my reconnect-delay set to 300s (see attached). However when I do:
>
> tail -f /var/log/rabbitmq/* | grep -i vpn.plus/247cctv
>
> I see these types of messages appearing in the logs every 2-3 seconds:

So I've been looking at this and I think you may have found a bug; it
looks like the reconnect_delay is ignored if it takes more than one
second for the link to fail to start.

Could you try replacing your federation plugin with:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v3.3.x/rabbitmq_federation-3.3.x.reconnect-fix.ez

(assuming you're running 3.3.x)

and see if that fixes it?

Cheers, Simon