[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ big queue load balance issue

DeepNightTwo DeepNightTwo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:34:46 BST 2014

My case need a big queue. But the sequence is not strictly needed. So I
trying to use the following solution to handle big queue:

Using a plug-in named random-exchange.
https://github.com/jbrisbin/random-exchange. It provide the feature to
distribute the incoming message randomly to an queue that bonded to the
exchange.
Create a queue on each host of the cluster, like host1-q, host2-q...
Create an exchange named ex-loadbalance, binding these queues to the
exchange using exchange type "x-random"
client send message to exchange and the message will randomly goes to a
queue which hosted in the cluster's machine.

My question is, is there a better way to handle the big queue requirement?
If not, is there an official plugin/exchange for "random distribute"? The
plugin is now working with latest rabbitmq 3.3.x. So I have to use 3.1.x
now.

Thanks!