[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq memory usage

Sergey Kraev thexray at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 13:38:13 GMT 2014

Hi, all!

I am stress testing RabbitMQ.

I have 10 persistent queues without consumers which I start to fill from
topic exchange with 100 bytes long messages at the fastest rate possible.
One hour and 100 million messages later erlang process is using all
available RAM (3 GB) and message publishing rate at each queue drops from
3000 messages per second to zero.

I’d like to know if this behavior is expected and for given configuration
the queue backlog limit is 100 million messages.

Thanks!