[rabbitmq-discuss] Migrating single instance of RabbitMQ from one data center to another

Arun Rao arunrao.seattle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 23:50:21 GMT 2014

I am not an expert :) but I can give you what I followed.

I initially setup consumers on both new and old data center. Then if you
are using a load balancer, create a new VIP to gradually migrate your
producers.  (you should already have new datacenter members listed under
new VIP.) Restarting one (producer) node at a time (after taking the server
out of rotation) update the VIP to point to the new data center.

HTH, please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!