[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue failure, potential loss of data.

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 14 16:23:45 GMT 2014

On 14/02/2014 3:43PM, Jason McIntosh wrote:
>      exception exit: {{badmatch,{error,not_found}},
>                       [{rabbit_mirror_queue_master,stop_all_slaves,2,[]},
>
> {rabbit_mirror_queue_master,delete_and_terminate,2,[]},
>
> {rabbit_amqqueue_process,'-terminate_delete/3-fun-1-',
>                            6,[]},
>                        {rabbit_amqqueue_process,terminate_shutdown,2,[]},
>                        {gen_server2,terminate,3,[]},
>                        {proc_lib,wake_up,3,
>                            [{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,249}]}]}

Hi Jason.

There was a bug where a crashing slave could take out all other slaves
and the master with a stacktrace that looks like what you posted. That
bug was fixed in 3.2.1.

It would be good to see what was in the log of the slave that crashed
actually looks like - it might be another bug we have found and fixed
since 3.2.0 but it would be good to be sure.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal