[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring Rabbit MQ deadletter queue and queue counts / rates

talktomelance at gmail.com talktomelance at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 22:03:49 GMT 2014

Hi,

Is there a convenient way to monitor queue counts and the rate that
messages are being added through the  REST API?

We would also like to check for messages in a deadletter queue.

http://machinename.domain.local:15672/api/queues?columns=name,messages
 gives me the queues and messages and I can see the deadletter queues and
the message count in each.   I would have to parse this to find which queue
has a deadletter queue associated with it.

 I have seen the API but not sure how to configure the query string to get
counts and rates of all queues and the specific deadletter info.

We are wanting to monitor this in  microsofts system center operations
manager.

thanks.