[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP perl headers-example-[recv|send].pl don't work - all messages are routed

Guido Brugnara gdo at leader.it
Wed Feb 12 06:03:26 GMT 2014

Il 11/02/2014 20:52, Michael Klishin ha scritto:
> On 11 Feb 2014, at 22:25, Guido Brugnara <gdo at leader.it> wrote:
>
>> headers-example-recv.pl and perl headers-example-send.pl do not work properly!
>> With different parameters, however, the messages are always routed.
> Can you please be more specific? What exactly does “do not work properly” mean?

The test was run on Ubuntu 12.04 with packages taken from "deb
http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian/ testing main" without
without any configuration (as is from installation):

     apt-get install rabbitmq-server libnet-stomp-perl
     rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_stomp
     /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server restart

And the scripts taken without modifications [*] were performed in two
separate consoles on the same machine as the server:

# Console 1
     gdo at srv3:~/Desktop$ ./headers-example-send.pl red
     gdo at srv3:~/Desktop$ ./headers-example-send.pl white
     gdo at srv3:~/Desktop$

# Console2
     gdo at srv3:~/Desktop$ ./headers-example-recv.pl red
     Receiving from amq.headers with header1 = red
     test message 1392184354
     test message 1392184358

The second message was not to be routed because X-header1='white' in
sent is different to X-B-header1='red' in subscribe! to destination
'/exchange/amq.headers'.

Or am I that I did not understand the use of 'exchange' of type 'headers'?

regards
Guido

[*]
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-stomp/file/78462030c75a/examples/perl/headers-example-recv.pl